Nominate a business or your own business
Small businesses in the greater Maple Valley and Black Diamond area need to be celebrated more than ever. They are the backbone of the nation’s economy, creating jobs and helping build strong communities. It is time to honor the achievements, the dedication, and the innovative spirit of entrepreneurs.
We want to tell our stories, proclaim achievements, celebrate milestone anniversaries, and brag a little. Not only is this an opportunity to more formally recognize and applaud businesses, it is an opportunity to share the most successful business practices and set a benchmark for excellence.
2016 Business of the Year
Rein Fire Ranch, Rich Kaalaas
2016 Economic Engine That Did
Gracene's Cupcake Boutique, Gracene Wood
2015 Business of the Year
Mitzel's American Kitchen, Jack & Kim Emmons
2015 Economic Engine That Did
Maple Valley Acupuncture, Tracy Steger
2014 Business Person of the Year
Jim Flynn, Flynn Development
2013 Business of the Year
Windermere Real Estate/Maple Valley, Shane and Susie Davies
2011 Business of the Year
2011 Economic Engine That Did
Thrive Community Fitness, Maple Valley
- For-profit businesses award categories: 'Business of the Year,' 'The Economic Engine That Could' and 'The Executive Director’s Award'
- Non-profit business award categories: The Economic Engine That Could and The Executive Director's Award
- Nominees must be a chamber member
- Must have been in operation for a minimum of three years
- Winners of the 'Business of the Year' are not eligible for three years after receiving the award
- Contributions to your industry & the business community as a whole
- Business performance and growth
- Personal leadership and courage
- Innovative practices, business strategies, and goals
- Response to changing conditions and flexibility in these economic times
- Achievement or awards in management, staff training and motivation, work place excellence
- Product and/or customer service innovation and creativity
- Community Involvement and collaboration
Criteria for The Economic Engine That Could Award
- Presented to a business that is five years old or less that exhibits creativity, planning and measurable success that results in consistent growth, job creation and customer satisfaction.
Surveys to nominate Business of the Year and Economic Engine That Did awards are sent out a month or so before the Annual President's Dinner & Auction.
For more information: contact Erica Dial, 425.432.0222 ext. 101
Recieve updates from Maple Valley COC.
Oct 28, 2017 - 2:00 am - 4:00 amTHE LANDING CELEBRATES A 'SPOOKTACULAR' HALLOWEEN WITH TRICK-OR-TREATING EVENT ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28th
Nov 14, 2017 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmMVBD Chamber Ambassador's Meeting
Nov 15, 2017 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pmNovember 2017 Membership Luncheon
- View More Events